transmission and transfercase question

Asked by Jan 10, 2011 at 12:20 AM about the 1982 Jeep Wagoneer

I have a 82 wagoneer and it is a full time 4x4 but the transmission went out and the t-case was busted when i bought it. I am running a quadra trac transfercase which does work but wanna go back to original equipment. It is a 360 with a 727 trans and i was told the t-case is suppose to be a 219 for the full time 4x4. Now i wanna buy a 1976 and was wondering if they would switch right out being they both are 360 engines i dont know the size of trans nor the tcase i looking for you guys to help me. The jeep is far away and wanna make sure it worth the time to get it

I dont think it will work,the bolt pattern may be different,but not sure,you can google it and find out for sure.