i am buying a 1970 wagoneer. i just want to make sure it is not going to be a lemon. it has an axle over lift and a buick 350. are theese mods reliable & safe? how do i ident new parts from stock?

Asked by Jul 14, 2011 at 09:38 AM about the 1970 Jeep Wagoneer

1,255

just drive it. it will be pretty easy to tell if it was done correctly and therefore safe. the spring over conversion is pretty tough and involves a lot of welding. but if done right it wont drive any different from an unlifted vehicle. as for the motor, check the oil, before and after you drive it. same with the tranny fluid. if it starts right up without issue and idles smooth id say go for it. it will be hard to explain how to tell new from old. but does it matter really? a solid vehicle is a solid vehicle.