How do I turn on the freekin fog lights?

65

Asked by Mar 31, 2007 at 07:38 PM about the 2007 Toyota Corolla

Believe it or not, I just picked up my brand new Corolla, and when I went to try the fog lights, they don't work.  There is only ONE way to turn them on, and myself, and 4 other people in my family, tried also.  There is one simple little paragraph in my manual, and it tells me that what I am doing, is exactly what I should be doing.  I know it is under warranty, and will be taking it to the dealer first thing Monday, but please tell me that we are not all loosing it. Ease my mind for the weekend, will ya?  I have had 4 brand new American cars, and every single one was a lemon.  I swore I would only buy foreign the next tine, and I am hoping this is not the beginning of a bad start with my new car.  All the other cars were at the dealers within weeks of being brand new......What could it be?  A fuse, something else?????  All other lights work!  Thank you!!!

32,125

ktaran, just to let you know I have a 2006 Corolla S and after 30,000 have not had one problem so don't worry. About the fog lights, on the lever where you twist on the headlights there is another "ring" a little furhter up the lever that controls the fog lights. Sliding it forward turns on the fog lights. I hope that makes sense. Again, lever to turn on lights, about an inch in there is another switch that controls the fog lights. You'll love the car. Mine has 36,000 miles and I love it. Gas mileage is inbelievable.

65

Hi again. Thank you for the answer, but I am doing exactly what your note said to do, so something is wrong. There is only one way to turn on the fog lights, and that is to line up the little white dot on the lever, until it points to the fog light symbol. Glad you love your car.

115

im having the same prob . i also bought a new car toyota corolla 2010 1.6 excutive. After a week i just checked my lights an indicators ,my fog lamps dosent work . i just checked th switch and its all ok ,but my fog lamp dosnt onnn .. doo any onee knoww why i need immediate helpp ??

115

i have the same prob, i also bought a new car, after a week i check my light and indicators all were fine but ma fog lamps were not working .my car is toyota corolla 2010 1.6.doo any one knoww why it is happening i need immediate help ???????thnk youu! ????

40

There are two rings the main knob and a second ring further down just look at the whole bar you'll see it.

865

the lights have to be turned on for the fog lights to work. I have a 2006 sport with 70,000 miles. Not one ounce of trouble with it so far. And the fuel savings are incredible.

20

I have a 2009 Corolla S, and I had the opposite problem. I didn't even know I had fog lights, and tonight a green warning light came on with some hatch marks with a dome next to it. I couldn't find any information in my owners' manual regarding this type of warning. I found this thread and checked my light bar, and there is a second wheel, closer to the steering column. You simply twist it and this will turn the fog lights off and on. Thanks!

Hi. I just got a 2010 S and I could did not know the same thing. So thanks! Love the car. My wife had a Mitsubishi Galant before this. 6 cyl. 22 mpg. Horrid. Expensive to maintain. Got the S the other day and we love it.

Hello, I was having the same issues w/ my fog lights on my 2005 Corolla S until i read this thread. I found the ring dial!!!! Thank you all! I currently have 257,896 miles on my corolla s. The only repairs besides oil change and tune up has been the front rotors and brakes (every year). I just ordered on amazon the front rotors (Max KT005511 Front Silver Slotted &cross Drilled rotors w/ Ceramic pads- Brake Kit). Lets see how long this set will last before i feel my brake peddle pulsate..... Want to give your car a power boost?? Add Super plus fuel. You will notice and incredible power boost when accelerating. I LOVE MY COROLLA S. Toyota rocks!!! Tonyp

20

I want to connect fog ligh into my corolla 1.4 prof 2008 model it have warring bump frant but no signal and intirior switch turn on dimm ligh. how to make fog ligth have a signal?