I have removed all polution devices from my 2.5 motor except oxygen sensor does this affect gas mileage I get about 20mpg

Asked by Sep 03, 2015 at 04:07 PM about the 1984 Dodge Rampage

I put a 1988 2.5 chrysler carburated engine in my rampage but removed the
polution stuff first   doesnt seem very fast also seems like it should do better
than 20mpg

A n engine with a carburetor will not have an 02 sensor. And even if it did, an 02 sensor is not really an emissions device, it gets complex. The 02 sensor measures ..well.. 02, oxygen content in exhaust stream so the ECU can set proper fuel trim...in a FI engine. If you remover ERG, that can cause problems, that IS an emissions device and I really hope you haven't capped it. it reduces NoX. maybe have an air pump, that pumps air in to exhaust stream also to help burn off hydrocarbons. Everybody beyotches about smog/emissions devices but they work.

What data do you have that indicates you should get over 20 MPG with an engine that has a carburetor??