Would an '82 Dodge Rampage be a good 'first car for my Brother and I?

Asked by Mar 25, 2012 at 02:45 AM about the 1982 Dodge Rampage

We're twins and are working on getting our liscences, as a family we just finished a '55 4-door 210 (Bel-air look-a-like). While we were getting some transmission work done on it, i stumbled on a rusty little rampage in the weedy back lot of the hobby shop. Knowing that my dad sure as hell isn't just gonna fork over the keys to the chevy I started thinkin g it'd be a cool little car to drive, you know get from a to b. Am I right? Would you advise a new driver to get one?

25

great starter car. rusty... not so good. bad thing about l-bodies is that the first thing to go is the floorbaords and the sub-frame. look into other "turbo dodges" from the 80's. they are all relativity cheap and extremely reliable. i do have a rampage... they are fun. heck for what they're going for, buy two.