my 1984 dodge ramcharger fuel gauge is stuck on 3/4 but sometimes it goes to full won't go below 3/4

5

Asked by Mar 01, 2015 at 03:41 PM about the 1984 Dodge Ramcharger

4,735

sounds like its in wrong and hitting the side of the tank will go up but on the way down jambs into the side

5

didn't think of that some guys say the ground, so drop tank and turn float ? ok I'll let you know how I make out when our weather gets a little better ty John

4,735

does the gauge drop empty with the key off??

5

no

4,735

ok hold on then I sure that the gauge should go to E with the key off its possible that you have a bad gauge ...// basically all the gauges are magnetic....// when the fuel tank is full the magnet on the full side becomes stronger than the empty side and as fuel is used the empty side will pull the needle back so I'm thinking the gauge is not working as it should

5

how can I check gauge ?