4 wheel drive not working on my 87 ramcharger

Asked by Mar 08, 2010 at 08:31 PM about the 1987 Dodge Ramcharger

front axle dosent seem to lock in on my 87 ramcharger. transfer case dose go into low range but no 4 wheel

try draining the fluid and taking off the front cover on the axle...... My '88 had a similar issue and i had to replace the ring and pinion.

if this has that vacuum diaphragm thats prolly the issue, but it could be sheared splines, bad hubs if it has locking hubs, bad front diff, it could be a bunch of different things, but if it has that vacuum diaphram that prolly shit the bed and isnt engaging the differential

I agree with vacuum dude