1987 Ramcharger 5.9 liter, just bought it, now that it's getting cold out just cranks but won't start. I know it is getting fuel and spark. Seems to almost wanna start but ends up draining battery.

20

Asked by Oct 31, 2014 at 03:23 PM about the 1987 Dodge Ramcharger

Almost wants to start but won't happened 2nd day after I bought it. After charging
battery 2 times with craking it to death it finally started and once warmed up it started
up every time fine. Now after sitting for 3 days, same problem...it cranks and after
pumping it to death it almost wants to start but doesn't till battery dies and have to put
back on to charher again. Seems like it is definately a cold starting issue only. Getting
fuel and spark but I have to keep craking the crap out of it and still won't start.

20

Also when this happened the first time I cranked it to death and kept recharging the battery and it finally fired up...BARELY till it warmed up and was fine after that. Now 3 days later back to square one and cranking it to death, almost fires but won't officially start up. I am concerned I am going to wear the starter out along with the battery. Just trying to figure out what the cause is.