Where are the fuel filter and fuel pump located on a 1985 Dodge Ram B150 van?

5

Asked by Mar 25, 2012 at 02:02 PM about the 1985 Dodge Ram

1,925

If the van is fuel-injected, the fuel pump will be in the tank. I'm not 100% familiar with that particular model, but based on my experience, Chrysler tends to put the filter either A) in the tank as an integral part of the fuel pump unit, or B) inline somewhere along the frame rail about midway to most of the way towards the motor. Look for a silver canister somewhere along the fuel line, that should be it. If your van is carbeureted, the fuel pump is going to be a mechanical unit that bolts on to the engine, with the filter being inline between the pump and the carbeureter (again, generally speaking). If you will supply me with more detailed information as to your van's motor, I'd be more than happy to give you more specific information.

5

Thanks for your information. He believes the motor is a 383.It does have a carburetor.

1,925

On a 383 4bbl it's definitely a mechanical fuel pump, it should be located approximately under the alternator, if I recall correctly..and the fuel filter should be a little inline deal in between the pump and the carbeureter.

Next to each other under the alternator