88 Dodge Dynasty has no 3rd gear or reverse. The fluid appears clean,

Asked by Mar 08, 2015 at 01:25 PM about the 1988 Dodge Dynasty

It will shift 1st to 2nd and
try for 3rd with no
response. After it down
shifts back to 2nd the
warning bell will sound
and it will not try for 3rd
gear again

Giulio Moro

This was their worst car ever! This was their first electronic tranny and it was so bad that dealerships could not repair them properly or at all, forcing dealerships to replace them completely with another factory part. Customers were stuck with repair bills of $3500-6500, sometimes even during the warranty period as they dishonored the warranty coverage. There were even class action lawsuits brought against Chrysler for this exact issue. Many people just dumped these vehicles or gave them away as they were absolutely valueless. If its not something small like linkages or the electronic controller, junk it. You will easily spend $2500-3500 to repair or replace it from any source. The same was true for their Intrepid vehicle tranny issues from the same period.