Vw passat won't start

Asked by Sep 18, 2014 at 05:54 PM about the 2006 Volkswagen Passat

I have a 2006 vw passat 2.0 100 k miles. It won't start I've put a new fuel pump on battery
and new alternator and still no look on starting. I have had an auto elec to see if it's and
wires they seem to be fine so anybody know what it could be ?

It has had 2 different battery's and like 4 different alternors

How do you know if your ecu has gone ????????

have you tryed the starter ? when you turn it over does it crank ? try looking over all the vacum lines and check your spark plugs for spark *best done in the dark* in diagnosing a starting issue its always good to know what it does when you try to start it as well.. so in a brief description when you turn the key on does it make the normal buzzing noise to prime the pump, then when you turn the key does it crank over and try to start, if it cranks and doesn't start does it chook or simply not sputter at all .. Start from the top , check spark, so coil wires and plugs. NExt move on to fuel, check the lines for leaks, change the filter if it has not been changed in over a year especialy if you don't use supreme or premium gas. if there is no fuel in the lines and you hear the buzzing you most likely had it installed with the wires backwards or hte filter is clogged. If fuel is fine check all the airways to the throttle body, most cases you may have a clogged filter or your maf is to dirty, Check the vacuum lines and pumps. Make sure here is no breaks or leaks some of the rubbery plastic hoses like to snap from to much heat and old age. Any who let us know how all that goes. and where did you buy your alternators ? perhaps they were not rebuilt correctly. i have been having an issue with alternators myself lately and it was because they were not rebuilt correctly.

Best Answer

I've changed like 4 rebuilder alternators and 2 battery's is it worth buying a brand new 1. Could it be my ecu

Káy D'íor

Hey just wondering did you ever find a solution because I'm in the same boat now.. And I have the same make and model

It ended up being a loose wire

Chelsea Jacobs

I have the same problem I opened my gas cap and put it back on quickly and it started now it's not I been using unleaded could my issue be gas related it's so hard to find a mechanic other then a dealership to work on it

google map is your friend just search vw specialist and youl come up with all the specialists in your are for vw and audi. If you been using regular gas that would be your problem and your spark plugs are probably fouled. Audis can only be filled with the best high tes you can find ussaly located at petro can 94 octane.

Courtney Mackenzie

Where did you find your loose wire?

he is likely speaking of the secondary small wire to the alternator. i had simalure power issues as well when my alternator went ca-put. the cooper end of that wire frayed off on my car and i replaced it with a aluminum tip and it had not been the same since.

So what's the fix on this??? Having same problem!

replace the wire end with a new copper tip or simply wrap the wire around the pole end and secure it with the bolt.

Hello I have a Volkswagen Passat 2002 it won't start or crank over. Replaced battery dash board lights come on sun roof won't glide it worked fine before but windows won't roll up or down I was using regular gas also if that helps ! Please help me I'm low on funds and i don't want it to get towed ! Thanks

sounds like you either blew a fuse or a relay best way to figure that out is start pulling fuses and find a junk yard and grab a couple spare relays to test relay slots.