87Accord wont start. Whe I turn on the key the injectors just dump gas into the cylinders till it pours out of the air cleaner housing. Checked the main relay and tried unplugging the throttle senser.

10

Asked by Apr 23, 2010 at 09:56 PM about the 1987 Honda Accord

Car was running then stalled in driveway and would not restart. Has spark but it seems weak. changed the coil and the ignighter,cap and rotor.Had fuel at the fuel rail.Someone suggested the main relay so I sprayed some starting fluid into the throttle body figuring if it fired it was a fuel problem. After that the engine seemed to be bound up. Discoverd shortly after that gas was running out of the air cleaner. Motor was bound because cylinders were full of gas.now when you turn on the key gas just pours out of the injectors filling the cylinders.I checked the relay and it tested good. I then unplugged the throttle position sencer but it still poured gas.Desperate wifes car blew up and this car is the only spare and wont run please help!

115

I had a similiar problem with my Civic. Turned out to be a bad fuel pressure regulator. Disconnect the injectors and turn the car over. Mine started when they were unplugged because of the excess gas in the cylinders. You may also need a new set of plugs. Only buy the NGK plugs.

10

I wondered about the regulater but wouldnt the injectors still have to be open for gas to POUR,I mean literaly pour into the cylinders.The plugs are out now and when you turn on the key it sounds like a glass filling with water.

old honda tech do the mil light come on and go out after 3 seconds if stays on with key on ecu fried

old honda tech also fuel should not pump after 3 sec with key on also indication ecu fried

10

What is the mil light? I wondered about the ecu is that an aftermarket part and where is that in my car?

10

Well i found out where the ECU was. Under the seat. When we had all the flood in New England My sun roof leaked and there was a bathtub on the floor of my car and it turnes out the ECU was under water. Not good for it I dont think. Found one at the junkyard today and after installing it the gas stopped pouring but I havent been able to start it yet as I had to drain the crankcase of gas and the filter and the cylinders and the exaust.Hopefully latter I'll know for sure.

old honda tech thats your problem. now you have to clear out the cylinders. it should run. thats hardest part wet plugs dont fire. good luck.

10

After a strugle it started and blew a ton of gas smoke but it seems she will live. The check engine light is on no wonder hu, will I have to clear codes to get it to go back off or will it straighten out after it gets back on track. Ive owened this car going on 6 years and its the first time it ever failed to run and also the first time I ever saw the check engine light come on. I bought it for 500 and it had 168000 on it and now its pushing 225 and never even burns any oil beetween changes.

dont know for sure if light will go out. drive it and see what happens. be advised take ecu rap it in a bag if it gets wet you will be back where you started