turn signal flasher

Asked by Jun 21, 2009 at 11:46 PM about the 1968 Ford Thunderbird

where is it

1,165

if the hazard flasher still works , the turn signal flasher may be near it . Turn on the flasher and listen for where it is , and you might find the bad one near by. It might be tucked up near the top of the center of the dash, above the heater controls .

15

I've got a '68 tbird myself actually, turns out the flasher is a part of that white box kind of unit in your trunk. should be behind the drivers side panel in the trunk. you'll have an almost cassette looking black relay, which if i remember correctly more directly effects the brakes, and then a white box thing that controls the sewuential turn signals. That metal bulb on it seems to be used as the flasher, although i dont believe, at least in my bird it cant, be independently removed from the unit. Looked at a wiring schematics manual as well that i aquired, and it agreed that the metal knob was a flasher unit.

20

Ok, close, The flasher is in behind the glove box, if your looking for the light indicator on the instrument dash. The Sequential Light box is that box that he is talking about. Now depending on when your car was built (early or late in the year) you might have a little module between the two other boxes in the trunk. That is also a flasher (I don't have this but I think its for 4ways) and then you'll have a big tin box, that controls the way the electricity goes.. ie.. Left turn, Right turn, Brakes or hazards. One last thing, that metal knob is a motor that spins the plastic crank that pushes down to make a contact to turn on the light...

15

yep yep. i was wrong there partially, i just finally got the signals going again, and when they ran i heard a clicking under passenger side and traced it down. We've got mine wired to not go sequentially for now, at least until we can get it going reliably. otherwise it works or doesnt work depending on the day it seems haha. i apologize for missing the flasher behind the glove box, woops.