Where's the fuze box on a 1963 thunderbird

335

Asked by Aug 01, 2014 at 12:33 PM about the 1963 Ford Thunderbird

1963 thunderbird appears to have the fuze box on the right side
passenger side next to door HOWEVER the online manual suggests
it has a box next to the driver's footwell inside the car
I can only find the box near the door.
PROBLEM  are there any more fuzes in the system?

NEIL

5,245

I only know of the one on the right hand inside door. Is there a panel for one (something) on the left hand side? If so, just open it and see what is behind it.

335

Thanks oldtimer37 found the fuse box , I had a battery parasitic leak 3.6 amps . removed fuses one at a time found 2 fuses that did away with the parasitic leak. one is for the radio the othet the cigar holder. One question. When these fuses are permanently removed, as far as you know, is THAT circuit safe? Neil

5,245

Yes. Once you pull a fuse, you break the hot side circuit. I am not sure what else besides the radio and cigar lighter work on those fuses so you may find some other things that don't work when you go to use them. Now, all you need to do is trouble shoot why those two were hot. Good luck. 3.6 amp is a lot for a car drain. It would wipe out your batter over night. It sounds like you may have a bare wire touching somewhere in the dash. I would appreciate a "mark helpful" if you feel it was. thanks

Best Answer
335

0ldtimer37 thanks for your help ive left the 2 fuses ojt and will run new wires to tha radio ill leave the cigar lighter for now. ive now got NO amp draw, new regulator, refurbished alternator and a different battery. The just the front end, being done next week then finally I should be on the roaf. had car for over a year and MAY be going out legally after then.Sorry forgot to tick/mark your rexponce best answer and sever othrr helpfulls hve now been entered so I hope this works. neil I hope you dont mind me chevking things out eith you

5,245

Glad you finally got it all figured out. Enjoy the ride