62 Tbird blows hot air

Asked by May 25, 2014 at 08:21 PM about the 1962 Ford Thunderbird

Hi, my Tbird blows hot air out of the vents even when the fan is off and the heater control
in the off position. I've taken out the trim and the cover of th heater box but can't see how
the leaver to turn off the heat works, should it close the flap on the fan?
Thanks!
Chris

Added photo

10

Hi My experience is with my 1970 Fairlane (Australian) but the system looks similar. The flap controls fresh air coming into the car. There is an inline tap that controls water flow through the small radiator inside the heater unit. i suspect your tap isn't closing properly due to wear, incorrect adjustment or it could be an aftermarket Chinese unit which quite frankly aren't worth anything, FoMOCO parts are best in this case. Hope this helps. Glen :)

Glen, thanks a lot. I bit the bullet and replaced the lot with an AC kit from classicairauto .com