did they ever make a 1962 corvette with 3 tail lights

Asked by Jan 16, 2007 at 06:01 PM about the 1962 Chevrolet Corvette

14,840

Hello vettegal88-- All of the 1962 Corvettes cam with a total of four tail lights, two on each side. Thanks for asking. Good luck from Bovan.

I mean, 3 tail lights on each side. I have a 1962 corvette that has 3 euro tail lights on each side of the car. I took it to a car show last fall, and was told a couple of story possibilities from a man who worked at the St. Louis Missouri plant when that car was made. I am sorry that I did not post my question very clearly. This car has a total of 6 tail lights. Have you ever seen one or did they ever make one with 6 tail lights? Thanks

no 1962 corvette ever had 6 taillight

now know of four 62's with 3 tail light/side. looked at 2 and they looked un touched. is this some kind of rpo carryover from the mako 1 that did have identical lights? also the two I looked at both had additional chrome on the gils/fins in front of door and running board chrome along the bottom sides/doors. nothing else (other than big brakes) appeared out of the norm for a 62.

1,465

No documentation of any from the factory, had to be a dealer or owner modification.

I know this is an old thread,but I owned a 1962 Corvette that had 2 taillights and I back up light light per SIDE> They sure looked factory but I never saw another one. I don't have the VIN but sure would like to find that car again. RED/RED 327/250 with a chrome air cleaner, I sold it in !967 or 68 in Garfield Heights ,Ohio

I owned a 61 Corvette with three lights per side, one of which was the backup light. I bought the car in late 1965 and sold it in the Spring of 1969. I have never seen another, though clearly I keep looking! By the look of the interior fiberglass, it was clearly built that way. That said, the side cove trim had been changed to the 62 trim and the grille blacked out like the 62. In the six-light configuration the white lens backup light was in the center of each side.This particular car had two 4bbls, solid lifters, and a 4.11 rear end, all white exterior, black interior.

Very old thread, however I was searching for the same answer after watching Point Blank (1967) with Lee Marvin. There is a white one with three at about 24:50 on a used car lot.