1986 toyota supra

Asked by Dec 29, 2010 at 06:45 PM about the 1986 Toyota Supra

I HAVE 1986 TOYOTA SUPRA.THE ENGINE KEEPS ON BURNING HEAD GASKET AND IT CONSUMES A LOT OF GAS OIL. CAN SOMEONE RECOMMEND ANY ENGINE THAT WILL FIT WELL FOR ME,HOPEFULLY THE ONE THAT RUNS ON DIESEL

185

Diesel? Out of the question! That is the Fuel of Satan! Recommended, go with an engine meant for the car, in other words there are no engines that go with a Supra that run on diesel. Try a 2JZ-GE from a more modern Supra or try a rebuild of your current, cheaper. But don't go diesel!

345

the reason why your supra keeps going through head gaskets is because toyota UNDER-torqued the cylinder head right from factory which caused the cylinder to not be true... now you can take the engine out and get the cylinder head and block machined to be true to each other while replacing all gaskets and headstuds once replacing engine. that will be your easiest route... now if you think an engine swap for a newer supra engine will be easier then you can go that way. but make sure you have the engine, trans, wiring harness, computer, etc to be swapped in. the 2jz-ge is wayy too pricey of an engine and way too new of an engine to swap in... if you can find a 90-92 1jz-gte that would be more suitable for your application... yes it will be turbo-charged but well worth it. with anything you do to it make sure you do your research or have someone who knows what they are doing there to help.

sounds like you got a worped head,you probley need a engine overhaul.

2,405

i would recomend any modern LS engine