how to remove the burnt rear light bulbs on 1989 Toyota Cressida?

55

Asked by Oct 08, 2007 at 03:47 AM about the 1989 Toyota Cressida

hi anyone knows how to pull out the rear light assembly out from the trunk.  I did managed to remove all the necessary parts from the trunk, but I couldn't find any bolts or screws(except 2 on top of the assembly underneath the plastic cover & 2 clips on the rear quarter panel)holding the light assembly (left or right side).  I did loose the assembly a bit but afraid to break it if I pull it too hard.  It ain't cheap either to replace a used or new one.  Any ideas, please.  TIA, with best.

40,945

Keep looking and keep gently trying to loosen it. If it came loose at all you are likely 90% of the way there. There may be concealed clips that the lamp assembly presses into -- the first time I changed a bulb on a 2004 Jeep Liberty for a customer, I thought I was going to break it removing the assembly -- but there was a hidden clip that held the assembly in by tension.

55

Thanks for your comments, I'll get the Haynes Manual first to see if there is any description abt. the R/R of the light assembly first before I try to looooose it again. I'll post it here to share w/others after that. With best.

55

Has been awhile since I posted the msg. last time. Regarding abt. the Removal/Replace the Rear stop lights (except the hi-mounted), all u need to do is to use the pliers or wise grips to tighten the plastic clips (2 whites & 2 blacks) and esp. the white clips needed to be clamped and pushed at the same time out of the holes, make sure the 2 screws for the plastic molding to be removed before this steps. Hope this helps others and saave some $$$$.

Best Answer