how to replace the rear light bulbs on my 1989 toyota cressida

55

Asked by Oct 08, 2007 at 04:12 AM about the 1989 Toyota Cressida

hi anyone has the idea how to remove the rear light assembly from the trunk of 1989 toyota cressida?  I did tried to remove it myself and managed to remove all the panels out from the trunk and could not find any bolts or screws (except 2 screws on the top of the assembly under the plastic molding) and 2 clips on the rear quarter panel, that's it.  I did loose it a little bit but afraid to pull it out too hard to break it or is there another correct way to do it?  Any comments are appreciated and TIA.

44,205

Check out a Haynes manual, this will come in handy not just for this job, but for others you might do on the vehicle as well.

55

Thanks for your comments. Actually I have the Toyota Shop Manuals but they didn't say much abt. the lighting assembly R/R. I have been thinking to get the Haynes too but tried to saave few bucks, :)

55

FYI to everyone when replacing rear parking light bulbs, Just use the pliers to hold the clips together on the rear panels, one on each side, then push the clips out of the panels. Some garage mechanics may not know this too.