1964 belair

5

Asked by Apr 22, 2011 at 02:20 AM about the 1964 Chevrolet Bel Air

Hi I was wonderin what ya think of my 64
belair? How much u think I can get out of
it.1964 on 24s. Have any1 ever see a belair
on 24s before? I can't find no 1 online that
have 1......

165

It's a beautiful Bel Air with nice shiny paint. I personally believe you reduced the car's value by the amount of money it would cost to install the original rims and tires. Maybe $2,000 to $3,000. Does anyone agree with me?

235

I agree, I wouldn't be caught driving with those rims, and since no one else has a car with rims like that they would probably agree as well. Personally, I prefer black tires with white lettering over low profiles and large rims, it is all your own personal taste though so if you like it go with it.

Best Answer
145

I don't like the rims. Also it is a four door. Both of those things drop the price. The blue paint is nice. Sorry about not liking your car much. I am a purist. Original keeps value higher.

165

I suppose it all depends on what your market is. If your market is east LA, this car would go over great. West LA, not so great. Elizabeth, I'm a purist also, but I'm buying a completely restored 1958 Chevy Bel Air four door. The reason I'm buying a four door is the price. About $8,000 to $10,000 below NADA. For me four door cars are more convenient. Elizabeth, can you, or anybody explain the reasons two door cars, including coupes, sedans, and of course, Impalas, are worth so much more? In some cases, the difference is huge.

145

When these cars were new, the 2 door models were the sporty hotrod and the 4 door models were the family cars, AKA grocery getters. The two door ones were usually much better looking as well. I don't think Chevy made a Belair in 64. It is either a Biscayne or Impala. Historically 2 doors are almost always a lot more expensive due to the fact that they are the "sporty" models. They cost more new.

165

Hi Elizabeth, I guess I've owned a bunch of "grocery getters". Some were "hotrods" as well. The first year for the Bel Air was around 1950. The Impala was a new model in 1958. But, you're absolutely right about the two door cars being better looking. Maybe that's the main reason they are more expensive today. Is that your 1957 Chevy in the corner of your Blog? It's pretty. What kinds of cars have you owned, or what do you own now? Dave

145

Yes, that's our girl. She is a '57 BelAir Sports Coupe. I have been in love with cars from an early age. Got it from my Dad. I have owned several Mustangs, mostly 1966's and a 1998 GT convertible. A few F150's. 2 '64 Impalas. A '67 Malibu, a '67 El Camino. Two Comets, various other Chevys and Fords. I have owned one Dodge. 1964 Dodge Dart. 2-Door. Ha! A $100.00 car back in the day...Slant six! We currently own a '07 Mercury Grand Marquis, '02 F150, '87 El Camino Conquista, and of course the '57. I plan on posting more photos of the BelAir as soon as I can find some spare time.

165

I can tell your Bel Air is a beauty. Must be worth a lot! You've owned a lot of cars in the past, and a lot now. We also have a Grand Marquis. It's a 1994. I also currently have a 1997 Lincoln Mark VIII. Now that's a hot rod. 280 horsepower two door coupe. I've owned lots of TBirds and Lincolns. And Chevys, Fords, etc. Some were old junks and some were not so old, and nice. I stopped counting at 55 cars. Used to buy some, fix 'em up and try to sell them at a profit. Of course, I'm a lot older than you, Elizabeth. By the way, I'm not keenoy, my name is Dave, or daple56, or kawikakennedy@gmail.com.

145

Thank you for saying our '57 is a beauty. She is, to me. Like I said before, I love cars. And I like them best when they are original or very close. If they look good in original trim and you make it really move thru the gears, why I am in awe. There aren't any better cars built than the ones built here in the states. P.S. I am over 50 years old but younger than our bad girl. I say bad girl because she lopes in second gear!

165

I've never bought a customized car, and I wouldn't. I try to buy them with the lowest original mileage I can. Even you're over 50, I'm still older than you! I won a bid on ebay and was lucky that the seller agreed to take payments. It's more than half paid for right now. I did the same thing on Classiccars.com. I guess the recession is taking its toll on classic car owners, and they are making deals they would never make in the good old times. I live in Hawaii, where our biggest enemy is rust. We never see old cars here. I hope to change that. Dave Kennedy

65

They made a 64 bel air because I own one. Wheels aren't a big deal. Mine is valued at 12,000.00. Four doors are cool cruisers. Man it pisses me off when people down them whatever floats your boat. After I finish my sleeper mods we will see who is getting beat by a grocery getter.

165

Nice Bel Air, especially because it has four doors. Very pretty car.

40

I own a 64 Belair, 4 door post. Original everything. It's not a grocery getter and the differences between mine and an Impala is the chrome, the interior (barely), and the taillights. That's it. And mine kicks ass.

40

My 64 Belair...

10

I own a 1962 Bel-air on 24's.... 4-door sedan post...

10

High five to all of you 4-door Belair owners! I too have one, Autumn gold with a white top--and it's a constant discussion with others how it's 4 door-not worth keeping... I BEG TO DIFFER!

165

I've had my four door 1958 Bel Air about a year and a half. I don't think the number of doors should matter at all. I'm lucky that this red and white beauty came with the original 283 power pac engine. I'm a youthful old goat who has owned plenty of cars, starting with a 1948 Chevy. There just couldn't be a more fun hobby. I usually own old cars that are "drivers", so it is a good excuse to buy them in the first place.

Firme ranfla

Does anyone know how many 1961 bel air post were made? I fell in love with that car when looking for my 64 4door impala and had a chance to buy a 61 bel air and jumped all over it. I know I have something special and now I am trying to learn everything about my 61