could you have a 1964 belair ss

Asked by Nov 06, 2013 at 10:43 PM about the 1964 Chevrolet Bel Air

I am restoring a 1964 belair and i was wondering if in 1964 you could have had a belair ss

...sure, I'll take one~

had a red one just like this one pictured when I was a kid...the rear speaker embedded in the middle between the back seats with the impala logo on it will never be forgotten~

A neighbor bought a new silver SS convertible back in '64- I was 14 and mightily impressed by that sea of silver leather inside- I thought all SS's were Impalas, not Bel Airs

Best Answer Mark helpful

Thank you for your answers. So do you think that it would be worth it to try making my 1964 belair into a SS

It sounds like you really want that SS badge on the side of your car- so go ahead and buy the Impala and SS emblems and put 'em on- these cars are not terribly valuable as a lot of them were made, and nowadays a lot of 'em are modified into rods and lowriders- so do what you want to be happy, just understand that to make it into a reasonable facsimile you would have to change trim, interior, etc. etc.- but it will look cool with the SS badges

Super-Sport...what racing?~

There was never a Belair SS. Only the Impala could be had in SS trim.