62 Belair Iginition Coil Problem?

Asked by Nov 24, 2012 at 06:55 PM about the 1962 Chevrolet Bel Air

I am not getting a spark from the coil on my 62 Chevy Belair.  I have replaced the coil, points, and battery. The car sat for a little over a year since I inherited it.  Any ideas from the online guru's would be greatly appreciated!

115

Be sure the distributor is doing its job. Also maybe clean up the ground going from the engine block to the frame or battery

14,355

If you changed the coil to a new one, it is not the coil. As mentioned above, make sure the distributor is functional, points, rotor and even new cap. New wires wouldn't hurt. Do you have electricity coming to the distributor? Is there spark at the plugs? Make sure all the connections are clean. A shot of WD-40 will help clean up some stuff by removing any water that may be present.