Fuel injection, 2.9 V6

20

Asked by Jul 15, 2011 at 03:48 PM about the 1988 Ford Bronco II

I have an '88 Bronco that sat for several years. I recently drained and cleaned the fuel tank, put in new fuel and injector cleaner, and bled the fuel line. It started up okay, but cylinders 3 and 6 are not firing. I pulled the plugs out and they look dry. Is there a common connection (electrical/fuel/other) that would keep fuel from reaching these two injectors?

no,if it sat for a few years,the piston rings may be broken or bent valves,have a compression check done.

20

Just finished compression check. 160-175 psi, with the two "bad" cylinders each reading 175. I know I'm getting spark, and good compression, but the dry plugs indicate I'm not getting any fuel in cylinders 3 and 6. I don't have a good diagram of the fuel system, but it looks as if those two cylinders share a common line to their injectors. It's looking as if I will have to pull things apart and find out where the clog is.

1986 FORD BRONCO2 EB/2.9 V6 /WHAT IS A SPOUT CONNECTOR