How much is a good 1969 Chevrolet camaro worth, and how is gas to the mile?

1969camarogirl
35

Asked by May 13, 2008 at 09:16 PM about the 1969 Chevrolet Camaro

im 14 turning 15 an i really want a 1969 chevrolet camaro, and i think it's around $45,000? an my parents said maybe but hows the gas too?

Ty Elliott
935

lmao... good luck kid.. if you get that car.. i am santa clause Thanks for playing

Larry Thibert
1,910

and i'm the freakin easter bunny!!!!

Vincent Lefebvre
65

the gas mileage is probably around 10 mpg but if you have 45K's to spend this probably isn't an issue. But the chances are high that you wont live to see your 17th birthday if you drive one of these. If you have the money buy one of the late 2000's or the new one comming out soon so at least it will have traction control.

Tyler Downs
205

Buying a car like that isn't smart for a new driver because when you wreck it (and you WILL wreck it), insurance companies don't care that you spent 45k on it... all they know is that the kelly bluebook value is $500 and when you total your $45,000 car and get a $500 check for it, it sucks hard... not to mention that the term "crash test safety" didn't exist in 1969. You'd be better off with a newer camaro. you could have a BITCHIN '02 camaro for that much. Hell, you could probly pull an 11.0-11.5 second quarter with that much dough and drive around embarassing kids like me that think their 13.7 second car is fast. Or kids who think their '07 mustang gts are fast... or kids who think their z06 is fast... or kids who think ther MC12 is fast... (ok, maybe not the mc12) better gas mileage, hella faster car, newer interior, you will get more $ when you total it, you won't die when you total it... sounds like a good deal to me.

Tyler Downs
205

cars you can get for 45k... 08 porsche boxter 08 chevy corvette 08 supercharged mustang gt 08 lancer evolution 08 audi TT with an aftermarket turbo kit imported skyline with the righthanded steering wheel (those are fun haha) etc... something else to think about is if you aren't a mechanic, that car isn't for you. They break all the time and if you don't know how to fix it, it will end up costing you a lot more than 45k in the long run. Hell, my camaro breaks all the time and it's almost 20 years newer. don't get me wrong... that would be a hella cool car to have... but i'd much rather have an 08 corvette for about the same price.

Sam Dogan
110

69 Camaro in mint condition is about $112,000 and if you could buy one for 45000 let me know I will buy it. It gets about 8 to 12 mpg and at your age you should be riding bicycles.

Sue Jolley
45

It really depends on the car. They can go from around 20 or 30 thousand for a regular Camaro all the way up to $500,000 for a specialty Yenko model.. Mileage depends on the size of the engine, the carb, etc.

goes about 15-17mpg

Andrew Gragnaniello
190

I have a 1969 Camaro. Its a rolling chasis and the engine has been broken down, but not put back together. How much is it worth?

dianas
60

Go after your dreams. People are ignorant and jealous that they don't have the desire to believe they can have one. It won't be easy, but it is do-able. Don't get discouraged, and keep after it. It'll happen, and I'm sure your a smart young lady, and being careful will definitely be something you do.

Steven Benton
495

Not for a young driver by no means. Get a 90-92 camaro they are safer and easy to swap any of the ls based motors into later. I have owned and built over 20 f-body's and the 93-02 the doors are the most unsafe look on youtube for wrecks of them. the doors are fiberglass and has a 1" hollow steel tube welded at the hinge and latch. Both doors failed on my ws6 and was life flighted. all my f-body's get roll cages now. As for paying $45k and getting $500 when wrecked that wont happen. One you get appraisal on the vehicle and they pay based on vehicles similar for sale in your area. Went through it with my 2000 ws6 1 of 2 with the options that year.

there are a few different styles of camaros in 69 , you could get a 6 cyl. which would be pretty good on gas . A V8 on the other hand would be a lot more powerful & use a lot more gas & compared to the cars made today they are not the safest cars you can buy,especially for a beginner. depending on what options you get will vary the price,like a 6 cyl car would go for around 10 gand ,where as an SS or RS would go for 50 or more. good luck ,you have good taste in cars !

Ghettoslead
30

This one cost me about $15k without motor or tranny after paint, motor, tranny I'm out a total of $95k getting motor and tranny role cage in now

Julie Brown
20

Ok, I'll just go ahead and say what everyone else is thinkin.... You're quite the spoiled brat huh? lol I agree with the other posters... don't get such a nice car as a first car... cause your first car WILL get beat up as you learn how to drive. Nothing personal against you... IT HAPPENS TO ALL OF US. Wait till you know how to drive for a decade or so... THEN get your vintage irreplaceable car. :-P

Jen_S
20

I had a 1969 Camaro for my first car, never crashed it - still have it and love it!!! It's made of steel - better than plastic cars of today!

70NOVA
10

good then tell us the price and the gas millage please

Camarokid1969
30

Those people that say that car isn't for you are idiots. I'm 19 and my first car was a 1969 Camaro SS 350. The car still has the original undercoating underneath! I love it! It goes in storage in the winter cause I love in maine. If you are responsible you can drive what ever you want! I hate when people say you need a safe car! You don't. I have never even been pulled over or in an accident. I drive my car all summer! I also drive my parents cars - 2010 camaro, 1999 prowler, mustangs, 2003 SSR, and so many more and it's your responsibility to drive safe! I love my 1969 camaro I got when I was 16 years old!

Karl Grimm
865

a good 1969 Chevrolet Camaro is worth $34,400

1969CamaroGuy
30

It's a hot car and worth about 40,000

reedproperties
10

would like to know the value of a 1969 camaro rs ss 350 300 hp auto white honestooth int. all there an super nice with doc back too 2nd owner but no build sheet but trim tags is correct

Steverostar
10

Well that was a stupid ass question lmao. I'm fucking 14 and even I know that you better watch out. A 69 camaro ain't for 16 year olds. My family has A LOT of money so they said they will buy one and save it for when I'm WAY older. I'm planning on starting with a pickup truck and moving on

Oscar Laines
10

I have a 1969 tribute Z28 Camaro that I paid a pretty penny for. If you can get a real Z28 for 45K then you're probably going to need to put another 10K to make it look clean. I doubt that you will be getting one but if you do be careful because it's got a lot of power for a new driver and remember it's all metal!!

69CamaroMan
55

hey 1969 camaro girl i agree with you totally. not only do i want a 69 camaro but i am going to buy one. it is a blue one. not sure how much the baby is yet but imma find out and hell i will buy it even if it leaves me broke. if you live in idaho falls there is one on Lincoln road just west of hitt road on the left. I believe the address is 1869 E. Lincoln Rd, to be precise. it is the blue baby that imma get but i ain't gonna bitch about you if you beat me to it. if you do then i would say go girl and have one hell of a ride and enjoy attracting all the jealous guys! haha! good luck. again do you live in idaho falls? if so beat me to it i dare you! and i will even compliment you! you go 69camarogirl! I know why you love it! it is a beautiful baby!

tpa1997
0

I have one and I'm 18 it only cost $800. It's way better than the crapy 90s and 2000s camaros heck it's even better than the 80s ones. It's not the safest in the world but it will always be there for you when you need it as long as you take care of it

CamaroCarol
0

I think you're too young to own a classic Camaro. I've had mine almost 34 years. It's my child & we've put more into it than we paid for her. The she's got a 327 engine which has been rebuilt twice; painted 3 times & God knows what else! She's not "Just a car " to me & if you're lucky enough to own one, it better not be just a car to you or you shouldn't buy one!