I haver a completely restored 1967 chevelle ss clone with a 427 390hp

5

Asked by Jun 10, 2015 at 03:21 AM about the 1967 Chevrolet Chevelle

what is this worth completely restored inside and out new motor tranny paint interior suspension power front disc brakes the works where would you try to sell and what should you ask

47,565

Uhh, it's missing a left front hubcap. It is difficult if not impossible to guesstimate the value without actually seeing the car in person.

5

Hey Bob I noticed you don't even own a chevelle So why are you considered an expert and if the comment about the hubcap was all you had to say about my question, Than frankly you should have =considered the old saying " silence is golden" Thanks anyway for your professional opinion about my hubcap being off you have a keen eye and a rapier wit

165

The collector car market is barely alive right now, June 2015. I have advertised a couple of near perfect totally restored cars for less than 2/3rds what it would cost you to restore them. Not even a nibble! Oh, that's not true. I've had 2 calls offering half what I'm asking. I told them that the owner was still alive and to call back after he dies and his half wit sister wants to get rid of them.

1,535

Whatever you can get for it, because it's not an original SS 396. The 427/390 is cool, but it's still modified. Old '69 SS 396 Camaro owner & long time Chevy enthusiast.

47,565

Tom, your post stated "completely restored". A missing hub cap is not a complete restoration. Seems to me your attention to detail is lacking. Nice car though.......

5

Thanks James and colt45sa I agree with your assessment the market is down. I believe that selling a classic car is all about timing. And your right you never get back what you put into them. So just build it the way you like it and drive it like you stole it. Now then BOB As I said it was at the detailers and I did not get A chance to look at the pics but if you want to ride that horse till it dies be my guest. Once again I ask what is your claim to fame since you say your not even a mechanic in your biography. Not trying to be a BOB just asking for some credentials and some good input. Bob you need to let go of the hubcap and enjoy the beauty around you its a beautiful world out there. So if the hubcap was there what other flaws would you like to point out. If you have not sold a car in the last year. Which is what it appears to be the case. Why would you have any opinion. My dad always said don't talk about things that you know nothing about. I try to practice that daily. Food for thought.

1,535

I am a mechanic ! First with cars & second with Boeing wide body jet aircraft 727's to 747's. I raced a SS 396 then to a 427 L-88 1969 Camaro & a big block Cuda. I owned built & customized over 40 cars & trucks in my life so far. I'm retired now at 65, & consider myself an expert. Never the less, your Chevelle is cool. Good luck.

5

James I was not talking to you I was responding to Bob sorry if there was a misunderstanding. Any recommendations on what to do with the suspension I am on a limited budget and want to get a better feel of the road, What should I do I thought about tall drop spindles , Tubular a arms at least on top then rear upper and lower control arms boxed lower and adjustable upper with the bracket that goes with them also front and rear sway bars. But I wonder if Rack and pinion is the way to go

1,535

There is so many mods you can do, your choice & budget. I like air bag suspension with aftermarket A arms & trailing links (rear) My 350/350 hp Chevy truck shown had 4" drop spindles & C notched frame & axial flip. (Leaf springs under rather than on top). Firestone air bags too for hauling my heavy roll away tool box for aircraft contracts.

1,535

Your 427/390 is an old Quadra-jet Vette' motor right? They had a 427/425, & 427/430 (L-88) aluminum head & 427/435 Tri-power too. Way before the famous ZL1 all aluminum motor.

165

You've got to make it known that the car is for sale. You have to advertise it everywhere your can because the current economy sucks. I've seen some cars out there that have been on the market forever. Someone out there wants your car. Its just a matter of finding him and getting together on the price. Its a 'buyers' market. The only 'decent money' cars are the rare ones, and even then the prices are soft. I've seen beautiful '57 Birds sell for as little as $40K, and then seen a rare example restored by the well known Amos Mitner sell for $140K. So there are a lot of variables. I watch "Chasing Cars" on the Velocity channel, and that guy does fairly well. But notice that he chases the 'rare' ones. This is awful to say, but a clone restored by a nobody is little better than a used car (sorry, no insult meant).

1,535

If it's for sale, then WHY put money into it??? As everyone said, the market is down. Unless you have a rare old Mopar Hemi or something.

I am looking for a 1967 chevelle with a 427 in it. I'm not sure if you still have that car but you could give me a call 1-306-314-2045