starting

Asked by Feb 22, 2010 at 05:33 PM about the 1992 Toyota Previa

I have a toyota previa and when I try to start it it just makes a clicking sound. The starter is new and so is the battery. What could be the problem?

200

I had this problem a couple of years ago. It turned out to be my battery cables. I bought the van used and there was corrosion around the terminals. after cleaning them I started having the same problems that you mention. I replaced the battery, starter and ignition. The problem turned out to be corrosion deep inside the battery cables- deep enough that you can't see it. Previa cables are crazy expensive so I would recommend looking for them at a junkyard if that's the source of your problem.