Does the clutch play any part in engine compression

45

Asked by Sep 30, 2015 at 04:35 PM about the 1992 Toyota Paseo

Spark is intermittent, sometimes there sometimes not.  Original problem was clutch related, I think. It would start but sounded terrible. I noticed my thermostat housing was leaking  So I fixed it by making a cardboard gasket.  I checked the throttle opening and noticed oil residue, so I cleaned it.  Now the car doesn't start at all.    Hellllppppp

26,075

in answer to your question,,,Does the clutch play any part in engine compression.....no.

49,155

As above, clutch has nothing to do with compression. What did you clean the throttle body with? Did you remove it from the car when you cleaned it?

45

Well no, I didn't remove the throttle body from the car. I have very small hands (I only weigh 87 pounds) so I put on a white glove, poured a little brake fluid on the fingertips and wiped the throttle plate clean.