My cigarette lighter doesnt work and I don't know where to get the fuse from? Any help?

Asked by Nov 04, 2007 at 11:34 PM about the 1999 Pontiac Grand Am

My cigarette lighter doesnt work and I dont know where to get the fuse for it at. Any help? Maybe walmart?

44,995

Cigarette lighter uses a fusible link, located in the wiring behind the actual lighter socket. You can get a new fusible link at an auto parts store.

155

ok dont do what the other guy said there might be a cheaper easier way to do it. i just did this last week. if u look in your manual under fuses or cig lighter it shows u where it is located. when u open your hood there is a box labeled fuse box and if u take the cover off u find various type of fuses. there is a chart to show u which one is for the cig lighter. when u find it take it out and check if the fuse is burnt. if it is you r lucky. all u hav to do is by some fuses at sears for $3 and put one in. make sure its the correct size. if your fuse is not burnt u may hav a bigger problem tht i dont know how to fix. this sounds complicated but it truly is simple. im 16 and i had no trouble.

105

i did the same thing except me and a freind would take out the lighter itself and put a srewdriver and sparks would fly out lol it was fun but now it doesnt work lol its ite tho cuz idont smoke

3,245

thats gods way of telling you you shouldnt be smoking lol

101,575

It's a yellow twenty amp fuse located in the underhood fuse box. Open the box, find the fuse, remove it and take it to a parts store like AutoZone, PepBoys, Advance, etc. Match it up with the fuses in the electrical section. The fuses all look the same until you try to plug the new one in.

140

You're an idiot Steven.12v power source is a wonderful application for aftermarket heated seats and excessive lighting fit you techno kids out there.lol tenspeed

10

So what happens if you replace the yellow 20 amp fuse and it still doesn't work?

20

I have the same problem with mine but I have a 2004 Pontiac grand am

40

I have a 2004 pontiac grand am, the light fuse is located under the Hood. it's a yellow 20amp Feuse in slot 34 check the diagram. It will say aux power/cigar

40

I have a 2004 pontiac grand am, the light fuse is located under the Hood. it's a yellow 20amp Fuse in slot 34 check the diagram. It will say aux power/cigar

looks like my 04 Grand Am has went thru its 2nd cigarette lighter/aux plug... after removing original CIG plug I tested the continuity between the wiring harness 12v positive and the center tab inside the aux connector.... somehow the physical plug has failed twice. 12volts is present at wire going in, but no voltage making it thru the actual plug. if you have 12 volts at the cigarette plug but it won't work then it's time to replace the lighter/aux assembly inside the car.