Does anyone know what the rubber lip on the bottom of the front bumper is called on a 2004 Grand Am, and where I can get a replacement. Road gator (tire tread) tore ours off. Where can I get one?


Asked by Feb 23, 2015 at 08:48 AM about the 2004 Pontiac Grand Am SE1

Question type: Maintenance & Repair

We hit a tire tread on the freeway on the way home yesterday, and it tore out the center
section of the rubber air dam located under the front bumper of our 2004 Grand Am.  We
don't know what it's called or where we can find a replacement.  Any ideas?

2 Answers


air dam or lower valance

1 of 1 people found this helpful.

If you're talking about the black air dam below and behind the actual painted bumper I believe its part of the lower radiator support but just the center section the curved parts an either side are part of the wheelwell inner liners. The center air dam/radiator support should still be available from GM parts department or a good junkyard. 99-05 are all the same.

1 of 1 people found this helpful.
Best Answer Mark helpful

Your Answer

Pontiac Grand Am Experts

  • #1
  • #2
    John Saffrahn
  • #3
    Tom Demyan
View All

Related Models For Sale

Used Pontiac Grand Prix
29 Great Deals out of 2,639 listings starting at $1,449
Used Pontiac G6
59 Great Deals out of 3,892 listings starting at $1,600
Used Pontiac GTO
9 Great Deals out of 491 listings starting at $5,995
Used Chevrolet Impala
536 Great Deals out of 35,320 listings starting at $900
Used Ford Mustang
595 Great Deals out of 36,397 listings starting at $1,200
Used Chevrolet Malibu
977 Great Deals out of 66,086 listings starting at $1,000
Used Nissan Altima
1,012 Great Deals out of 78,492 listings starting at $1,627
Used Pontiac Bonneville
504 listings starting at $3,699
Used Honda Civic
786 Great Deals out of 70,342 listings starting at $1,499
Used Ford F-150
2,610 Great Deals out of 198,105 listings starting at $1,300

Content submitted by Users is not endorsed by CarGurus, does not express the opinions of CarGurus, and should not be considered reviewed, screened, or approved by CarGurus. Please refer to CarGurus Terms of Use.