abs and low frac light on

Asked by Sep 29, 2007 at 12:50 PM about the 1999 Pontiac Grand Am

My car(1999 GrandAm 120000miles) made really loud, high pitched sound once, and I feel like it was from a font tire. The next time I drove, the abs light and 'low frac' light kept on for 5 minutes. After I restarted the car, it came back to normal. What is the problem? Should I have it checked right away?

Thanks!!!

43,915

I would have this diagnosed, it may have been just a glitch from a slipping tire on a spot of road, but it may indicate larger problems with your ABS and traction systems which should be addressed.

Once the low trac light is on for more than a few seconds, the car automaticaly diengages the traction control until the car is restarted so for it to be on for five minutes does not necessarily mean something is drasticly wrong. Mine comes on when I am turning at slow speeds and where I know the tires are not slipping. any ideas?