ABS, trac off and service vehicle lights are on

25

Asked by Feb 03, 2008 at 05:32 PM about the 1999 Pontiac Grand Am 4 Dr SE Sedan

why all above lights come on at once?

43,875

If there is a problem with one of the systems, likely the ABS, it will affect those other systems. Have this diagnosed ASAP.

105

dude mine did the same thing its something to do with fuse's cuz when you take out the abs fuse al lights for trac off and service engine soon go off.

10,295

Check you fuse first. If fuse is good, you have a wheel sensor that went out. You will have to take it somewhere so they can tell you which one. The part should be about $80. It is built into the wheel bearing on that vehicle.

165

Front hub bearing assembly. I've replace both of mine. One at 70K, the other at 80K.

99,085

Bad wheel speed sensor in one of the front hubs. Around a $300 repair bill. Go to www.gaownersclub.com There are DIY hub replacement threads with pictures.

50

My Grand AM had the trac off light on and i found that the map sensor was unplugged as soon as i plugged it in the light went out and hasn't come back on since. That was like 4 months ago. Also if the air intake sensor is unplugged or bad it can throw that code and make the light come on.

740

I am have a problem I have a 2001 grand am the service vehicle soon light the abs light is on and the traction control light on what could it be

200

I have a 2000 Pontiac Grand am and we replaced the old motor with a 2002 motor and the lights are still on. Has anyone found a solution that doesn't cost a lot of money? TIA

The wheel sensors can be bought seperately or on line for about 19.00 and the whole hub in a pair with sensor for about 60.00 and takes aout a half hour per side to change out.

20

where is the fuse located for the abs ?