My friend just bought this vehicle, she actually traded in an old 89 Chevy . Overall there aren't many flaws in this vehicle but most drivers become aware of certain things only after the purchase. Well, come to find out the rearview mirrors control does not move either passengers or driverside mirrors. I thought it might be a blown fuse but don't know wich one to check. Honestly it might be something easier. I would appreciate any thoughts / ideas. Also, the gas gauge bounces from full to empty. Does it need a new floater? As you can tell i don't know much about maintenance & repair, but I don't mind gaining some knowledge from a professional.

Asked by Feb 14, 2013 at 03:10 PM about the 2000 Pontiac Grand Prix

Jameson, if you ignored the motorized mirrors and did a "manual override" does it keep it's position, or are there more than one driver and adjustment is necessary and critical that we get to the bottom of this electrical problem (apparently). the cover on the fuse block has a cartoon showing which one is which. Find the one that says 'power windows' and replace it. It's best if we find out why it blew, but buy a pack of fuses anyways as we try to get to the bottom of this problem. Your power windows work alright, or are they crank? As far as the gas gauge, KNOW the capacity of your tank, and write down the odometer mileage and amount of gas in your little notebook, fill 'er up jackson, write the mileage down, drive your usual route, make the rounds, then tank up jot down the gas consumed and subtract the mileage to get your miles to the gallon and a feel for how far you can drive. If you're like me I always keep the tank aboslutely FULL, so if I've got to make the Clearlake to San Francisco (almost three hours) on the tank I've got. It's a matter of style. You just can't put fear into yourself when it doesn't need to be there.

...er um motorized mirrors not windows...me bad.