trac off light come on. What does this mean?

5

Asked by Sep 14, 2007 at 06:26 PM about the 2000 Pontiac Grand Am

"Track off" message came on dashboard instruments.  What does that mean?

47,675

This means that your Electronic Traction Control is either off, or not working. Unless you turned it off, say by pressing a button for the Traction Control, it will need to be checked by a dealer, because the light shouldn't come on unless it was turned off, or is malfunctioning.

1,420

I have a 98 Pontiac Grand Prix that trac off light comes on while driving, have taken it to dealer & he can't figure out the problem. The car will jerk & almost stall, then run normal when trac off light comes on. Cannot turn it off by button. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

250

will this light being on make it get hot

470

no, it has nothing to do with temp. but usually traction control light on these vehicles is a bad ABS wheel sensor or something of that nature

12,075

just push your ETS button- this should turn it back on and the light will go off- if ti was a sensor, it should turn on the ABS light too, not jus the trac off light.

1,130

How do u turn off the trac off light @the abs light

3,535

it means that now you can do burnouts with full power instead of computer modulated sissy burnouts !!!

106,535

"Trak Off" means that the traction control button is off or the wheels spun and the engine is at reduced power. There is a ETS button above the radio next to the hazard warning button. --- If the "ABS" light and the "Service Vehicle Soon" lights are on, it means that a wheel speed sensor has failed. One of the front hubs needs to be replaced.

400

what if the ETS button does not work

170

I have a 2005Toyota sequire suv v8 the trac off and vsc trac light are on I spent $312 with the dealer to diagnose and check for the problem but they cannot figure out the problem. I need help

170

2005 Toyota sequire v8 trunk lash is broken it will not open . I need help

190

I have A Toyota corolla and my check light came on and trac off light I took it they ran test couldn't find anything wrong. Now a week later it is back on. I don't know what's going on

70

It means your traction control module is over heated and it starts to malfunction so you have a greater chance of wheel spin if the gas pedal is smashed from a stop or spin out if driveing on icey roads

140

I have a 1998 Lincoln Town Car and the check Eng light check track is on and like all u say is happening and today it started making a knocking nosey but oil is good help I have three kids and only car What can I do to fix this

270

2001Regal buick how do u turned off trac off

40

Ford Windstar 1998

10

rain_558873@yahoo.com

90

My "trac off" light came on and my "service engine soon" light came on. We spent $4000 on leakage about 5 months ago. When i turn on the car it makes a raspy sound. Over the years a lot of money has been put into this car. I have a buick century custom made.

20

have a 2000 cavaler 2.2 motor, my trac-off light came on then the engine light, my scaner codes where P0105 and P0108 ( manifold absolute pressure high input ) found a short rubber hose that was bad on they intake Fix the problum . so CHECK ALL HOSES AND VACUME LINES BEFOR SPENDING ALOT OF MONEY. HOPE THIS HELPS SOMEONE

210

My dad has a 1999 pontaic grand am and his trac light come on is that a good sign

10

I have a 2001 Avalon And the tracking light comes on Saying that It needs to be checked it having run hot How do I get this check can anyone give me an answer please

70

2001 Pontiac Grand Am SE trac off light won't go off what do I do