What do I fix now on my 2001 Grand Prix?

10

Asked by Apr 30, 2013 at 04:03 PM about the 2001 Pontiac Grand Prix

I replaced the heater core, and thermostat because my passenger floorboard stays wet, leaking coolant somewhere under the hood, the heater stopped blowing warm air, and the car would over heat. My car still over heats, and leaks coolant. The heat works now, but I still have the same problems before I replaced those parts. Don't want to spend a whole lot of money, but have 3 young kids that ride in the car too, so I need it fixed. I was told it could be a head gasket, or to replace the water pump. What if I spend the money to replace the part, and that wasn't the problem? Money is tight right now. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.

pressure test to 20 lbs---and watch the geyser show!

hoses are cheap butyl rubber and want to go back to the earth. silicone (cop cars) ones are expensive.~

10

Thanks for the advice. I will check out the hoses first, then move from there.

215

its a common problem they get blockage in the hose lines because of the 50/50 mix. disconnect the lines and run water through them to break it all up should look like mud coming out for a little while. might want to just replace the lines all together. GM sucks about that so i would just get the actual lines and not universal whatever lines. go to any GM owned place and spend the xtra 5 bucks to save yourself the hassle.