fuse?

Asked by Mar 08, 2008 at 02:21 AM about the 2001 Pontiac Grand Prix

The low coolant light keeps going on and off. coolant is at normal level. Also noticed that the driver side speaker is not working
could this be a blown fuse?

7,765

if your sreaker is not working, it need to be replaced as there is no fuse for your speakers. But as for the low coolant light, If the level in the over flow is at the right level, I would say that the sensor ing the over flow is dirty/bad (I have seen this a few times). For this I would recommend that you take it to a mechanic as it might also be a sensor on the engine itself as I have seen that also. Best of luck

7,765

if your sreaker is not working****** sreaker should read speaker

75

The low coolant light also flashes on and off in my car also. The sensor is probably caked in dexcool, which was a certain long lasting antifreeze that has caused many headaches for GM. It is located to the side of the radiator housing, a couple inches down. Be sure to drain your coolant first, because some will come out. As for the speaker, it sounds like you have a bad connection. If you still have a stock head unit, I would remove the door panel to remove the speaker and make sure the connections are alright first. feel free to send me a message if you have any questions.

I had the same problem with low coolant light. It would come on at start up and stay on for 25 minutes then go off (always the same time period). Eventually had to replace the condensor (to get the Air Conditioning working) and the light has been off ever since. As for the speaker you should get a old one that you know works and hook it up to the wires of the problem speaker. If the old one doesn't work then it is the wires that need fixing which are a lot harder to trace.