when putting key in ignition no power at all, no clicks absolutely nothing..car was perfectly fine 2 hrs previously

Asked by Mar 05, 2008 at 07:27 PM about the 2003 Pontiac Sunfire

6,775

either you igniition switch just went bad or your Battery is done. Sometimes this happens. Test your battery, should be 12.6-14.4 volts, If you charge the battery and it is fine, It could be your ignition switch. Try and boost the car, If it starts let it run for about 15 min, If you can test the voltage of the battery when it is running, Should be 13.2-14.8 with the car running. Do your lights come on? If they do and your battery is good and your switch is fine. Your altenator might be bad and you ran the battery dead. If you are not sure you might want to take it in and get a "charging system test" done.