I have a 2004 Pontiac Montana and its been overheating, not that it makes a difference but we changed the spark plugs and wires, oil and filter change then we replaced the thermostat, then the water

Asked by Nov 11, 2014 at 10:21 AM about the 2004 Pontiac Montana

19,050

Sounds like it could be an intake gasket. It's a very common problem. Have it pressure tested at a reputable garage. It could just be just an air bubble in the cooling system when you had the thermostat and water pump replaced. Cross your fingers its not a head gasket.

Best Answer

That could be possible but I had a friend that is a mechanic bleed all the air out after we changed the thermostat and water pump. But that still won't explain why my fans are staying on when my van is off and the engine and radiator are cold to the touch

19,050

If your fans are running it could be because the sensor for them is bad or giving a faulty reading.