I have lost my Key. Had a key made it unloads the door. I have lost my Key. Had a key made it unloads the door

40

Asked by Sep 11, 2007 at 08:38 PM about the 2004 Pontiac Montana

42,175

You will need to have the dealership cut and program a new key for you so that you can start the vehicle. You must have had an anti-theft key, and replacing it with a regular key will only allow the doors to be unlocked, not the car to start.

40

I had the Key made at the dealer. They told me to put the Key in the ignition put in the on position for 30 to 45 mins. then try to start it. The Mechanic said to try to start the car hold it there for 5 secs do that 3 times. Non of the above worked

110

i was told by the dealership that it takse about 30 mins. to do this 1. insert key turn to on position for 10 mins. 2. turn off fror 10 secs. 3 repeat this two more times in succession

85

You have to have a pass key. You can look in the manual for it to tell you how to program the pass key, it is different for each type of vehicle. Mine says that if the engine wont start you have to see the dealer for service, as the key must be programmed at your dealer due to the technology. I read this straight from my manual so someone at the dealership doesnt know what they are doing.

9,365

yes, it must be programmed at the dealer if you don't have an original key- there is a module in the rubber part of the key that has to be coded to your van, and without an original key, you need to have the dealer do it for you.

110

THIS 100% WORKS if the VIN begins with a 1 or a 4, you only need a pk3 key cut to fit, *insert unprogrammed key and turn ignition to the "ON" position and leave it for 10 mins (the battery and Security light will flash) the Security light will go out and the battery light stays on - *you have 60 seconds to turn the key to the off position then back "ON" and repeat the steps 2 more times, * On the last cycle when the Security light goes out, turn the key to the off position and remove the key, *Wait 10 seconds and use the key to start the car. *NOTE ALL OTHER KEYS WILL BE DEACTIVATED.

120

I have tried that for the last 4hours and it still wont start. I lost my only key, and I went and got a new one from a dealership. And followed the instructions and still nothing.

120

My battery and security light blinks on and off. But the security light dont shut off, it keeps blinking.

10

I'm in same position today. Can I have a key cut at the dealer, and follow those directions for 30 min

10

Hey!! Thank you Allen so freaking much , some punk came camping and stole my keys in the middle of the night , this saved me 200$ !!!!!!! Yea!

30

I'm a locksmith technician (a ninja locksmith at that) and when I do these it requires a pk3 key, you should see "pk3" stamped on the key blade by the plastic head. I then insert the key, turn to the on position or acc doesn't matter, and hook up to the obd diagnostic socket under the dash with my programming equipment. I know you can't do this yourself without spending $140 min on the machine to do it. But you can get a locksmith to do it cheaper than the dealership and guys like me are always willing to negotiate and stay competitive.

20

I have a 2002 pontaic Montana my keys were stolen and the ignition was busted beyond turning. How to I change the ignition?

so i have reverse problem; CAN THE CHIPPED/IGNITION) KEY OPEN MY CAR DOOR? my 99 Bonneville has two keys, i believe they are the same pattern, but one is chipped for the ignition (see photo- key with little black square)... my cars parked at the airport, I'm vacation and lost my door key and FOB, STILL HAVE AN IGNITION KEY(with chip) I want to figure this out before i get to the airport so i am not fucked when i cant afford a locksmith - Does anybody know; CAN THE CHIPPED/IGNITION) KEY OPEN MY CAR DOOR? and are they typically the same pattern?