20004 Gran Prix Supercharge that runs hot

Asked by Jan 19, 2011 at 09:00 PM about the 2004 Pontiac Grand Prix

My 04 Gran Prix keeps running hot. I've had a new thermmostat put on it, had radiator flushed and cooling fans checked. I owned a 98 Gran Prix that I had the same problem with. Never found out what was going on with it. I ended up selling it. Whats up with these cars running hot.

65

My brother in law had this problem on his 2000 Bonneville as well. He is a mechanic and found that it was leaking antifreeze into the oil. Check that out. Maybe the car should be taken to a shop?

I have one also 2004, 195 degree thermostat and she runs fine. Never had a problem with it getting hot, I had the opposite, it ran cold due to a open stat. 185,000 miles and still going strong.

If you have not gather the right answer , both of these gentelmens answers are correct, if you don't have s blown heaf gasket , this Pontiacs is very common to leak coolant from the intake check that and repace the o rings i believe it takes. The thermostat if stucked open will cause to to over heat if your fans high speed does not work. This are very coon on this vehicles . I had a 2001 Pontiac gran Prix GT. And I disassembled the mother like three times. Toll I got it to stop leaking! And I just replace the thermostat off of a 2007 grand Prix. Good luck bud!

If you have not gather the right answer , both of these gentelmens answers are correct, if you don't have s blown head gasket , this Pontiac is very common to leak coolant from the intake, check that and repace the o rings, i believe it takes o ringsThe thermostat if stucked open will cause to to over heat if your fans high speed are not working. This is very commn on this vehicles . I had a 2001 Pontiac gran Prix GT. And I disassembled the mother like three times. Toll I got it to stop leaking! And I just replace the thermostat off of a 2007 grand Prix. Good luck bud! And both vehicles stopped overheating! Good luck!