2000 Oldsmobile silhouette drivers window having trouble going up and down.

Asked by May 22, 2013 at 01:17 PM about the 2000 Oldsmobile Silhouette

I have replaced the window switch. This didn't fix the problem.  Took it in to get repaired.  The mechanics found a broken wire and repaired it.  Window quit working again in 3 weeks (only would go down).  I replaced the window motor.  Window worked great for a few minutes then the gremlin came out again.  When the window goes up and closes tight, it goes right down.  It goes up and stops.  To get it going again, I have to turn the car off and turn it back on to get the window moving again.  Any ideas?

yes, the wire is getting pinched whenever you close the door....what else would cause this inflexion?....examine what moves when the door is being closed, could be a wire retainer is overlooked/unused mistakenly~