is there a radio sensor?

Asked by Feb 07, 2013 at 12:30 PM about the 2000 Nissan Xterra

i cross the battery and blew my horn, turn singals, and radio fuses

i replace my horn fuse and and horn relay. so my horn does work. i also replace my fuse for the turn signals it works now. everything works but my radio. do you have any suggeston for my radio to work or do u think that i fried my radio, or is there a radio relay that u know of ? please let me know what u think.

everytime i put new fuse for the radio its located under the hood in black box it will blow i tried unhook the battery to put the fuse in and hook the battery back up it blows again. do u think i have a short or is there a relay that u know of?

...verrry suspicious. What were you doing to this radio? as these things do not happen by themselves. I'd just reverse whatever you did to it, and cross my fingers.

you probably didn't see the red wire.

when i bought the battery the post was backwards didnt know and i tried to hook it up it blew sparks. so i got different battery the post is on the right sides and that is when i knew my horn,and radio didnt work so i checked my fuses for it they were blown. i replace my horn fuse and horn relay,so my horn blows now, but the radio still dont work. i tried the fuse eveytime i put one in it blows. WHAT DO THINK I SHOULD DO NEXT??

should i replace my rad/fan relay? u think that might have something to do with my radio?

if radio was on at time of blast id be concerned,,,reverse poles can blow diodes,the one in fuse box if equiped also ck. with volt mtr. or light, alt diodes??forget the fan reley doubt that,,call parts and see if a radio relay is listed some imports have an amp boost, now that may be relayed, still cant get how the horn got in this mess,

If you had an old volkswagen or renault the radio would have to be turned off manually and not keyed to the ignition. That's so aunt betty can listen to the radio while she's waiting..and won't steal your car.

...just put everything back the way it was, then we can start testing what's what, okay.

k thanks bob

i think i might have a short in the radio, it still blow

after testing the ground the speakers for four ohms and 12v supply, install a new unit, then.