vin number locations

Asked by Dec 01, 2006 at 04:29 AM about the 1990 Ford Mustang

location of whre to find vin numbr loatins on this car

30,895

There should be multiple places on the car where you can find the VIN number. Note that it may also say serial number which means the same thing. If you go to the front windshield, there should be a small tag(inside) near the bottom seal of the window that has the VIN # on it. Check both sides. Try the door jam of the drivers door. There is sometimes a label that has all of the cars information like color codes and VIN #. On most cars built in the past twenty years the VIN number is stamped into engine block. The reason that is done is so that the authorities can ID the car by the VIN on the engine block incase it's tampered with.

165

look on the door seal

1,185

you can find your vin on any american car on lower right hand corner of windsheild(standing on outside of car)"drivers side" they are letters and numbers that are stamped into a metel tag and is most offten rivited or tamper proof screwd to dash board

5,025

There is one in the lower left of the windshield, also generally one on the "B" pillar on driver's side, and one with the emissions info somewhere near the radiator core support under the hood.

85

I bought a 03 GT that was a theft recovery and they took off the vin off by windshield and the one off the door jamb, so I'm trying to find the location of the other ones, when I bought the car the dealer never told me it was a theft recovery, when I got home I checked the vin to make sure it matched the title so now I am stuck trying to figure how to get a vin replacement for the dash anyone know where I can find another vin to make sure it matches? Thanks

20

1966 mustang was restored and front nose is all new ,so there are no numbers on front end...got a plate on the door but says warrenty numbers,any other places to get vin numbers ????

10

Please , where do I find the VIN Number of a Ford Mustang in 1995 . Advance grateful. Harold Wittitz, Rio de Janeiro, Brasil, e-mail:h.wittitz@hotmail.com