Drivers belt or much more?

Asked by May 06, 2011 at 05:03 PM about the 1994 Mercury Sable

I have a 1994 Meurcury Sable we just bought it a few months ago used. The car broke down and won't turn towards the passanger side. We thought it was the tie rode but today I was looking through the engine and i found a belt pushed up against my battery. it wasn't connected to anything and it looked like it had been put there. the next thing we went to look for is where this belt came from. upon inspection we relized that my drive belt (i believe is what it is called) was broke and had been broke for a while. could this be the reason my car isn't working!? and why it won't turn to towards the passanger side?

5

I do not know what you mean by "drivebelt" but if you mean the belt that happens to appear on the left side of the engine, servicing the dynamo, the airco, the waterpump and the servo steering, then that might be the causing problem. You might even have ruined your engine.