2002 Merc Villager. Topped off AF in expansion tank, now heater only blows cold air.

Asked by Mar 05, 2017 at 06:02 PM about the 2002 Mercury Villager

Been told the heat and AC are computer linked, had nice warm air before, but now only cold in all switch positions.  Ideas?  How to take dash apart?

1,745

I suspect the heater control valve. found one on rockauto.com for about $66. The problem is, finding it. Looked on my '98 and it looks like it's way behind the engine, almost impossible to get at without removing the intake. I'll look in my manual later. If you could see it, you could see it operate or not. It could be the vacuum hose going to it is cracked, it's vacuum operated. Most likely thing.