I have a 1999 Mercury Villager that keeps shutting off the battery light stays on along with the brake light but it is a brand new battery. I also have a hole in the tail pipe and it aputters and the the car shuts off. I have changed the fuel filter and the starter

55

Asked by Mar 15, 2014 at 11:18 AM about the 1999 Mercury Villager 4 Dr Estate Passenger Van

I have a 1999 Mercury Villager that keeps shutting off the battery light stays on along with the brake light but it is a brand new battery. I also have a hole in the tail pipe and it aputters and the the car shuts off. I have changed the fuel filter and the starter. The gas get in the car what is causing my battery light and brake light to come on then the car shuts off after running for 10 minutes

55

I found out the answer I think the alternator belt is missing.

Really f****** alternator come on