My 1966 chevy pickup (C-20) v8 283 which uses a carburetor, not fuel injection, has a post that sticks straight up. The post is inside the top of the engine, and when I tried to put the carburetor back on, the post broke because it was corroded so much. How should I fix the post? Will I need to replace that part of the engine or is there another way, such as welding the blot back together?

Asked by Sep 20, 2015 at 11:57 PM about the 1966 Chevrolet C/K 10

60,905

Can you post a picture? -Jim

7,590

Strange, a 283 that has a carb attached with a post in its center.... But corroded through to break. you must run without the aircleaner. Now, remove the intake and get it fabricated. Any slag or debris would get into the valves and pistons. You must need to remove, fabricate it, reinstall with new gaskets. You cannot really do a carb conversion without updating the intake and spending a small fortune.

86,565

I would check a wrecking yard for a good intake manifold for your engine, chances are high that yours is badly corroded if that happened, your only other option is to replace it with an aluminum one, you may still be able to find one that uses stock carb, but you will be surprised on how much better it will run if you do the complete intake package.

7,590

must be a cool and damp or wet climate, or no preheat tube. Water forms on mine and tries to corrode the base plate, its a 307. it bolts on, he could get a little bit newer OEM part and a 2 jet. May even still look right. The 2bbl 350 has silver dollars instead of sacajaweas. but you may have to block off an egr passage and paint it. use a socket instead of a manifold wrench.

1,335

are you talking about one of the studs on the intake that bolt the carb on? if so you can try to drill the stud and a easy out. or intakes for your 283 are not that bad of a price after market.