Tires

Asked by Sep 13, 2008 at 07:40 PM about the 2000 Lincoln Town Car

I'm looking for a new set of tires for my 2000 TC. I bought the car used in April, 2007. Has 89k on it. Michelin Symmetry;s were the OEM's. Any suggestions?

3,625

NOT MICHELINS. Cooper makes some very good tires, and they will ride just as well as the Symmetries, but will have a lot more traction. Plus, they're not very expensive. The only Goddyear I would recommend is the Eagle Responsedge, which will also have great traction, and ride very well. DO NOT buy Goodyear Comfortreds or Tripletreds. I've replaced a lot of these because they become out of round, or egg-shaped because they are so heavy.

110

I STRONGLY suggest you visit Tirerack.com and use their outfitting tools to find a set of TOURING tires. Pay particular attention to the ride comfort and noise comfort ratings - especially if you don't live where there's a lot of snow. I've been purchasing Yokohama, BF Goodrich, and General UHP tires for my other cars and they ABSOLUTELY BLOW AWAY THE OEM TIRES!!!!!! No kidding, you can get a fantastic and FAR superior tire for LESS MONEY than the OEMs.

110

By the way, touring tires may not be widely available for the Town Car, but you can certainly find a set of outstanding all seasons for far less than the OEM tires. Once you find what you like, ask your local dealer to match prices. They should be able to get within $15 per tire (covers shipping), and you'll be assured of local service. NOTE: Some tires have similarly named variations, be CERTAIN you get what you ordered.