'92 LS400

35

Asked by Sep 06, 2011 at 03:34 PM about the 1992 Lexus LS 400

'92 LS400 and radio station numbers and clock are all messed up but the lighting works.  What should I do?

265

its blacked out right? The LCD is broken. It happens, you can replace the LCD (difficult) or replace the unit. check this article out... I do not think the links to the people who fix it are around anymore. http://www.lexls.com/tutorials/lighting/climateLCDscreen.html

85

Have had same issue with my Lexus - is a common problem with this model year. There are several places on the internet where you can "exchange" your display for one that has been refurbished. I eventually got a rebuilt radio system when the tape player died on mine, so I have that functionality back - but don't have the clock or temp unless it has sat in sunlight for a while (not sure why that is) Other issue you may experience is with the dashboard display - if you have blinking lights, slow to come on lights, gas gauge not working etc - there is a guy who can take your display and repair all those problems for under $250 - had mine done and glad I did, as I was about to sell the car because it wasn't safe to drive without a speed display -- but now it is like new - easy to pull out by yourself and ship -- http://www.lexusinstrumentclusterrepair.com/contact.html

That's moisture that invade all LCD displays as the gasket material that keeps the display sealed gives way to heat and cold due to age. This company repairs both the clock and AC display for a lot cheaper that buying a new one. Mikadoo Technologies, 1435 Huntington Ave, Suite C, South San Francisco, CA 94080 Phone; 650-615-9966. Hope that helps