trans problems

Asked by Jan 24, 2009 at 04:37 PM about the 2001 Kia Sephia

i have 2001 kia sephia and its not shifting properly i goes in reverse but when you put it in drive nothing but if you shift to 1st it will finally take off, so then i unhooked the wiring harnes on the top of the trans where the shifting cable hooks to and then it would go in drive but it didnt seem to have any overdrive so my question is if i replace the transmission computer above the the fuse panel of the left hand side of the car under the dash would this solve my problem? thanks

50

i am having the same exact problem. When i put it in drive it doesnt want to shift into first gear but if i manually put it in first then it goes just fine..i cant seem to find anything on it so if you find out pease let me know!!!!!

40

I just had that problem and it turned out to be the fuse under the dash that says "TCU". Check that first because I changed my computer and it was just the fuse. Hope it helps.