I have a 2001 Kia sephia. First the heater quit blowing, and now when Im driving down the road, my check engine light will pop on, an then my rpms go up, and my engine feals and sounds like somebody put my car into neutral (as Im driving) so maybe it goes into ovedrive? It feals like it isent shifting right and maybe my engine is going to blow up. I alwas have to pull over and shut the car off. Driving 30 miles takes me about an hour because I have to continue to do this process.. grrrrrr.... My key does not want to turn and gets stuck in the ignition, wen this happens I cant sift the car at all. (currently is is sitting in a lot and needs to be moved) I was hoping I could put into neutral and push it out of the spot that its in (a tree is close to falling on it, and at this point I am about to let it just smash it). Can anybody help, atleast with my shifting issue???? I am clueless and so sick and tired of this. I am hoping to atleast get an idea of what is wrong

Asked by Mar 02, 2016 at 12:42 PM about the 2001 Kia Sephia LS

not shifting right, heater, ignition/shifting problems

10

On the front of your transmission there is a plug called your shift cilenoid and you may have a clogged trans cooler in your radiator. Fix those and it should go back to working normally! Hope this helps :)

I suggest the ignition switch (Behind key entry) be inspected and\or replaced. When ignition won't allow key to be removed or jams, it is likely due to worn switch parts that are housed in plastics. This will cause a variety of mishaps such as shifter problems, dash related instruments not working, flashing lights etc. Process of elimination fixing known defective parts first. Hope this helps.